Edell, Shapiro & Finnan (“ESF”), an Intellectual Property Boutique, located in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking a full-time, immediate, IP Attorney to join the patent prosecution team!
ESF currently employs about 40 people and works with clients around the globe. We offer a friendly work environment, a convenient Montgomery County location, competitive benefits, and an enviable work/life balance.
- Draft patent applications for U.S.-based and some non-U.S.-based companies. Meet in-person or virtually with inventors, discuss the technology, and draft patent applications. Understand a wide range of technologies, or be able to quickly get up to speed on technologies.
- Prosecute patent applications before the USPTO, including conducting examiner interviews, filing responses, appeals, etc.
- Instruct non-U.S.-based law firms in the prosecution of patent applications in various countries outside the U.S.
- Conduct patentability, infringement/clearance and validity studies, and related client counseling and opinion rendering.
- Participate in IPR proceedings at USPTO.
- Communicate with outside counsel in connection with all activities mentioned above.
- Work in a wide range of technologies including wired and wireless networks and devices, wireless communication protocol technologies, media communication systems, network security, optical networks and devices, as well as medical electronic devices, and database systems.
- At least 2 years of substantial patent application drafting experience, particularly in the technology areas listed above;
- Registration as a U.S. patent attorney and knowledge of U.S. patent practice and procedures;
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and a license to practice in at least one U.S. state;
- Excellent academic credentials;
- Strong writing, communication, organizational and analytical skills; and
- Undergraduate focus areas in electrical engineering, physics or computer science.
For consideration, please submit your resume and writing samples to email@example.com.