ESF is looking for a Trademark/Copyright attorney to join the growing Trademark practice as soon as possible.
Candidates can expect to assist a wide variety of clients to navigate all aspects of trademark law, including trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and cancellation proceedings, opinion work, and client counseling.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of law firm trademark legal experience in all aspects of trademark law practice, including trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and cancellation proceedings, opinion work, and client counseling;
- BS/BA and JD Degree from an accredited institution;
- Experience as a trademark examining attorney not required, but would be a plus;
- Significant experience in conducting trademark clearances, reviewing and analyzing preliminary and full trademark searches and providing opinions, guidance and advice to clients regarding the availability of trademarks for use/registration;
- Significant experience managing domestic trademark prosecution, including preparation of applications for registration, responses to USPTO Office Actions, and all pre- and post-registration filings;
- Significant experience managing global trademark portfolios, including structuring the scope of international filings, and instructing, corresponding with, and supervising the actions of a network of international associates — international trademark portfolios under our care range in size from a handful to thousands of non-U.S. registrations;
- Significant experience analyzing potential claims and defenses in trademark enforcement and infringement matters;
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board experience not required, but would be a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, in dealing with clients, support personnel, and foreign counsel; and
- Strong writing, organizational, and analytical skills.
While candidates with a portable book of business are encouraged to apply, portable business is not necessarily required.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org