We are seeking a trademark legal assistant to join our firm and support our growing and fast-paced trademark practice group. This position requires strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently.
- Work with the firm’s trademark attorneys to prepare and file trademark applications, documents to maintain trademark registrations, and other electronic trademark filings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office and at the World Intellectual Property Organization;
- Correspond with foreign trademark counsel;
- Communicate with clients, both U.S. and international;
- Handle legalization of documents for foreign jurisdictions;
- Draft reporting and status communications, correspondence, and other documents related to trademarks;
- Monitor the trademark docket deadlines;
- Prepare trademark portfolio charts and reports;
- Assist with IP due diligence projects;
- Conduct initial clearance searches;
- Maintain electronic trademark files;
- Process invoices and trademark disbursements;
- Prepare monthly bills and associated client reporting correspondence; and
- Other duties as required to ensure smooth operation of the trademark practice.
Education and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, some college required;
- 2+ years of trademark experience in a professional environment;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (in particular, Excel); and
- Solid word processing/data entry skills.
- A plus: familiarity with a trademark docketing system and with conducting searches via Saegis/Corsearch.
- Fully paid employee health insurance
- 401k matching
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Firm sponsored LTD/Life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly wellness activities
- Complimentary Parking
- On site café and walking access to Rio Restaurant District
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to our recruiting team at email@example.com.