We are a fast growing, mid-sized IP firm that originated in the mid 80s. We are proud to boast a family-friendly culture, a casual dress code, and a very convenient commute to those living in the D.C. Metro Area suburbs. We prefer local candidates, as face time is part of the job, but also offer the ability to work from home (including from MD, DC, and VA) when desired. Our ideal candidate has at least five years of relevant experience, and may be looking to make a change from in-house, government, or another law firm, for a quality of life adjustment.
We serve a diverse client base, which includes small start-up companies, academic institutions, and Fortune 500 companies having some of the world’s largest IP portfolios. Our clients value our knowledge, experience, and commitment to their objectives. While we would welcome your book of business, this position is primarily to support the firm’s existing client workload.
Candidates can expect to assist a wide variety of clients in navigating trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and client counseling.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of law firm trademark legal experience in all aspects of trademark practice, with primary emphasis focused on trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and client counseling;
- BS/BA and JD Degree from an accredited institution;
- Significant experience in conducting trademark clearances, reviewing and analyzing preliminary and full trademark searches, and providing opinions, guidance and advice to clients regarding the availability of trademarks for use/registration;
- Significant experience managing domestic trademark prosecution, including preparation of applications for registration, responses to USPTO Office Actions, and all pre- and post-registration filings;
- Significant experience managing global trademark portfolios, including structuring the scope of international filings, and instructing, corresponding with, and supervising the actions of a network of international associates — international trademark portfolios under our care range in size from a handful to thousands of non-U.S. registrations;
- Significant experience analyzing potential claims and defenses in trademark enforcement and infringement matters, preparing demand letters, and drafting and negotiating related agreements;
- Experience in handling ownership/title update projects and conducting due diligence;
- Excellent communication skills, in dealing with clients, support personnel, and foreign counsel; and
- Strong writing, organizational, time management, and analytical skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Not required, but would be a plus:
- Experience as a trademark examining attorney;
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board experience;
- Copyright experience.
- Fully paid employee health insurance
- 401k matching
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Firm sponsored LTD/Life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly wellness activities
- Complimentary Parking
- On site café and walking access to restaurants and shops
To apply, please submit your resume, writing sample, and transcripts to our recruiting team via email@example.com.