ESF is looking for a Trademark attorney to join the growing Trademark/Copyright practice as soon as possible.
We are a fast-growing, thriving, mid-sized IP firm located in Montgomery County. We are proud to boast a family-friendly culture, a casual dress code, and a convenient commute to those living in the Montgomery County area. We prefer local candidates, but technologically offer the ability to work from home when desired (we are working in the office several days per week). Our ideal candidate has at least a few years of experience at a high-volume firm, who is looking for a quality of life adjustment.
We serve a diverse client base, which includes small start-up companies, academic institutions, and Fortune 500 companies having some of the world’s largest IP portfolios. These clients value our knowledge, experience, and commitment to their objectives. While we can certainly port in your book of business, this position is primarily to support the firm’s existing client workload capacity. Training will be provided to understand client expectations.
Candidates can expect to assist a wide variety of clients in navigating all aspects of trademark law, including trademark clearance and prosecution, opposition and cancellation proceedings, opinion work, and client counseling.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of law firm trademark experience in all aspects of trademark law practice, including trademark clearance, prosecution, and maintenance, opposition and cancellation proceedings and trademark enforcement matters, and client counseling, with significant experience in:
- Conducting trademark clearance, reviewing and analyzing preliminary and full trademark searches and providing opinions, guidance and advice to clients regarding the availability of trademarks for use/registration;
- Managing domestic trademark prosecution, including preparation of applications for registration, responses to USPTO Office Actions, and all pre-and post-registration filings;
- Managing global trademark portfolios, including structuring the scope of international filings, and instructing, corresponding with, and supervising the actions of a network of international associates — international trademark portfolios under our care range in size from a handful to thousands of non-U.S. registrations;
- Analyzing potential claims and defenses in trademark enforcement and infringement matters;
- Not required, but would be a plus:
- Experience as a trademark examining attorney;
- Copyright experience; and/or
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board experience
- BS/BA and JD Degree from an accredited institution;
- Excellent communication skills, in dealing with clients, support personnel, and international associates; and
- Strong writing, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Fully paid employee health insurance
- 401k matching
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Firm sponsored LTD/life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly wellness activities
- Complimentary Parking
- On-site café and walking access to Rio Restaurant District
To apply, please submit your resume, writing sample, and transcripts to Rebecca Reyes, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.